Sunday, June 12, 2011

Running Out of Hair



While this has been just another regular week for the kids it has been a momentous week for me personally. I began my fitness journey on Monday and started running for the first time since Spencer was born, which is about five years! The base here has a fitness place called Arctic Oasis. It has an indoor playground with a gym allowing moms like me to work out while watching their kids play. Supervision is required of course, and I am so lucky to have such great kids to help me out! Isabelle and Desiree take turns watching Wesley and Charlie while Maddy and Juju keep Bubba in line. So far it's working out great!. Isabelle has also begun taking on a little more responsibility by babysitting for short periods. Having them get a bit older and more helpful has really made exercising possible for me. So, here is my progress so far: On day one I ran one mile in 15:45 which a whole lot better than I expected! The next day I ran a mile in 13:30! It was so exciting for me to discover that my body still worked pretty well! My main goal is to be fit. I want to run and not be weary, I want to enjoy playing outside with the kids. In addition I would really like to loose weight so that I don't feel so shocked every time I look in the mirror or see a picture of myself! It's kind of funny when you have an image in your head of what you think you look like then you see what you actually look like! So far, after one week, I am really enjoying running and I look forward to my time! I hope that my enthusiasm continues as that will make reaching my goals much easier! I should also add that the kids are having fun too. They have either been at Arctic Oasis playing or at the park and having a picnic all week. Getting out of the house makes the summer more enjoyable for us all. I will be keeping everyone posted on my progress and hopefully using that as way to keep myself accountable. I love hearing about everyone else working out so FB me with what you are doing each day!



Another big change I guess you should know about is my stupid hair. As you can see it's very very short! I buzzed it with the clippers because I was sick and tired of fiddling with it and it was bugging me when I ran! I know it's pretty extreme but it's comfortable! I change my hair almost as often as I change my clothes so who knows what I'll do next. The good thing is that there isn't much left so I don't have a lot to screw up! Maybe I'll start wearing wigs...



No comments: