Saturday, June 4, 2011

A New Start...Again

We FINALLY got our internet back so I can get back to blogging somewhat regularly...I hope. What can I say, life happens! Change comes so fast for our family these days, it's hard to keep track. Having babies around seems to emphasize that, probably because they change so quickly. Charlie is six weeks old already! He has gone from a sleepy newborn to a cranky farty pants sweetie. He smiles and coos and looks into my eyes. I love that part. But the part where he cries from about 8:30pm to 11:30pm every night...not so much! That's just his crying hour I suppose!

The kids are all home for summer, or what Alaska calls summer anyway. This whole week has been cold, overcast and raining. It definitely has forced me to get more creative about our summer acitivities. For one thing, we don't wait around for a perfect sunny day to go to the park. If it's only cloudy or just slightly raining, that's good enough for a park day! We were lucky to start the summer with some wonderful friends visit plus Granny and Grandpa Phil! We might possibly try a campout. Yeah, I know, we are crazy to even think of it with a new baby but, hey...if we wait until everyone is "big enough" it will never happen! I'm sure a few hikes will be in order and a trip or two to the zoo and museum, of course. I'll be sure to keep you updated and try to take pictures too! Thank goodness for my iphone or a whole lot of precious memories would go unrecorded!

Hopefully my next post won't be this lame, but I had to make an effort or else quit entirely! That's basically my mantra as I go through each day anyway!

1 comment:

Rays-R-Us said...

It's good to see all the pictures of the kids... blogging is a lot like exercising... do it or die :) LOL... good to see your blog!