Sunday, October 3, 2010

Another Week Passes

I try to remember that the mundane in our home and family is of great interest to our friends and family who are scattered around the country! Nevertheless, this has truly been a an uneventful week around here. The weather can't seem to make up its mind so we have had rain, wind, sunshine and frost this week. Desiree's class was given a wonderful opportunity to visit the Campbell Creek Science Center http://www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/prog/sciencecenter.html for three days in a row! She had an amazing experience there and I am continually amazed and so thankful for the wonderful schools here!

Our weekend has been wonderful however! It was conference week so we were able to hook the laptop up to the TV and watch conference from home. What a blessing! I love to sit and listen to what the Prophet, apostles and other leaders have to say. I always learn so much! This conference has especial left me feeling so grateful for the blessings of the temple! I hope you can take a moment to listen to the Mormon Message I posted about temples. Even for those of us who have been endowed and go to the temple it is a wonderful reminder of how beautiful God's plan is. I am especially grateful for the blessing of sealing. It brings me such comfort to know that even death will not take my family from me. They are my hope and my joy and I never want to be without them all!

Our upcoming week should be more of the usual! We are going to have Scott's Arabic teacher over for dinner at the end of the week so that may provide an interesting story or two! I am also working on creating a second blog that I hope will be worthy of sharing. I am planning on showing all the tricks I've learned for organizing and running our home as well as caring for the kids. I am excited to do it but also intimidated! We will see how it goes! I will be sure to let you know when it's ready!

Thanks also for all of your love and support. It means so much to me to have people care about us and especially for your encouragement and comfort!

No comments: