Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nothing Much

Wow, it's been a lot longer than I'd wanted since I posted anything! We have been busy with regular life and feeding people! We have had Scott's teacher and fellow soldier over for dinner. It was a really nice evening and I enjoyed talking with them a lot. Scott's teacher seemed to really enjoy the kids. She is the grandma type and they warmed up to her very quickly! We feed the missionaries about once a month and they are always a crack up to have over. We love to hear about all of their crazy experiences! I think Scott loves telling them his missionary stories just as much! Isabelle had a friend spend the night one weekend as well and she really had fun. We also hosted some friends from Fairbanks for a night when they came for their temple trip! Whew! I think maybe I should just open up a bed n' breakfast and start charging people!

Apparently we are having a "late Fall". When I heard that I just about died laughing. It is so cold already I am starting to think I may not survive the winter! Most mornings the cars are covered in ice and it only gets a bit warmer during the day. The days have been getting shorter as well. The sun comes up just after 8:30am so even the younger girls go to school in the dark! Scott took down the trampoline this weekend so that it doesn't get ruined over the winter and the kids are all heart broken. I think once the snow comes and they have the whole yard to play in and make forts they'll get over it!

Everyone is looking forward to Halloween. Bubba got his costume last week and won't take it off! He gets so excited every time he sees a decoration that it makes me laugh. I can't wait until Christmas! He'll really go nuts! Bubba is going to be a skeleton, Wesley a lion (courtesy of our dear friend!), Julianne a princess, Maddy a vampire princess, Desiree Artemus, and Isabelle is going to either be a vampire from Twilight or a punk rocker. It should be fun! Unfortunately we are having camera issues but we'll do our best for pictures!

I am feeling great and have managed to get through my first trimester without getting sick! So far the OB care I've gotten at the military hospital has been great and it's made me very hopeful that for the rest of my care and delivery. My biggest fear was really put at ease with my last appointment when the nurse practitioner informed me that they always offer induction at 39 weeks for moms who've had a baby before! So, I just have to make it that far and I'll be able to avoid a home/car birth!

I'll be sure to post ASAP after Halloween and put up some pictures! We love and miss you all!

1 comment:

Mom's Place said...

LOL! Late Fall...WA thinks it's spring time! I have roses budding in the back yard, and even though there are autumn time colors on trees all over, there are a few trees that are covered in blossoms! Craziest things ever!

I'll email you in the AM. SO much has been going on and I haven't had the chance yet!

AWESOME news about OB there!!!!!! I would have no such luck if we need it here! My Bubba is the only one that I had later than 2 weeks before my due date!