Sunday, August 7, 2011

Aright Already!

I really wasn't going to try and work on my blog this week because Scott is gone on training for the month. But, since it's been a while I felt like it just needs to be done, even if that means it ends up lame! Forgive me, this really is the best I can do right now!


My soldier's gear

We sent Scott off on the first and we have had seven days of one mishap after another! I don't know what it is about dad being gone that makes these kids act so crazy! Julianne slipped on the steps and sprained her ankle pretty good. It swelled up and bruised but she's ok I think. Wesley slipped on the steps and busted his lip. It bled like crazy but didn't end up needing stitches. Desiree burned her arm on the oven making brownies. She would have had to go to the doctor if I hadn't already had some burn medicine from last year when Isabelle burned herself with a curling iron! Then one of my precious angels turned the thermostat in the basement up to 90! We have in-floor heating so it takes DAYS before you feel a difference. I avoid the basement like the plague since that's where most of the kid mess ends up so when I made it down a wall of heat just smacked me in the face! It's been a few days since I turned it back down and it's finally cooling off. There are no windows and only the stairwell for the heat to move out. We had another disgusting incident that I won't mention. Suffice it to say that it involved Wesley, no diaper and my carpet. Why must these things happen when I am on single mom duty? I don't know, but I am very tired and it's only been a week!
In order to deal with Daddy being gone I like to keep the kids as busy as possible. We do a lot of shopping and as much playing as we can. Our library on post had a fun midevil-themed reading program this summer that we participated in. The kids and I got prizes which was very exciting for them. The library also had a renaissance fair after the program ended so we went and checked it out. It was cute! There were knights having sword fights and crafts and treats for the kids. The only problem was that it was freezing! Dang Alaska!



The kids made these really neat paper hats at the fair. And of course, Bubba got a sword!

When I saw this picture of Isabelle it just struck me how grown up she's getting and how beautiful! That girl drives me nuts like I never thought anyone could but I love her still! I see glimmers of the wonderful person she's going to become behind her snarky pain-in-the-butt attitude and I am so excited to see her grow!
Someone caught Desiree with the DSi camera and I just found this picture. Isn't she amazingly beautiful? She is a joy and a wonder to me. She is so smart, fun and totally original! I am very proud of her!
Last dinner out with Daddy


Trouble times three!




All the boys! Charlie is HUGE! I think he's gotta be 18 pounds now at 3 1/2 months! He is such a happy and sweet baby, he even puts up with Wesley! Wes is a little imp, always busy and into stuff. He keeps me on my toes! He is sleeping on the bottom bunk as of this week because he literally dismantled his crib during nap time...Yeah, I know.

Hopefully I'll have more updates for everyone next time! know that we love and miss you all!

No comments: