Friday, September 3, 2010

Yes, the rumor is true. I have quit Facebook! I may have lost my mind, who knows, but crazy or not I have given up my facebook. My reasons are varied but I mostly just didn't want to waste so much of my time and energy on people who may have liked me in the past but currently couldn't care less. I have also found it very draining to watch someone I love spiral downward and destroy her life and her family's.

The good news is that I have decided to try and get my blog going again! This way those few family members and friends who do care can still stay updated and see pictures of the whole famn damily!

We are currently at the very beginning of a new school year. All four girls are going this year with Isabelle in her first year of middle school and Julianne in Kindergarten! Desiree is in the fourth grade and Madeline is in the first grade. So far so good, everyone likes their teachers and things are going great! Isabelle has adjusted beautifully to having multiple classes, dressing out for PE and all of the fun things that come with being in middle school. All of this combines to mean that our house is full and busy! So far we do not have any extra activities going. I don't know if I can deal with that yet!

We have been in Alaska for five months. Supposedly we had the wettest and coldest summer Anchorage has seen in many years. According to the "locals". Well, as far as I can tell even a "normal" summer here isn't very summery! Being a native southern Californian has probably ruined me from ever really enjoying the weather here. The kids like it better than me but still really missed swimming all summer. All I can do is pray that the army sends us somewhere warm next I guess!

I am looking forward to making this blog interesting enough to keep you coming back for more! I hope I can succeed!

1 comment:

Mom's Place said...

Well this explains a lot! Sorry you had to watch that happen. I've been missing you over there on FB.